Has humanity received an extraterrestrial SOS signal? According to declassified UK Ministry of defense documents, in 1998, NASA received an alleged SOS signal from a planet condemned outside Milky Way. However, this contentious case was withheld from the public due to its unverified claims.
Interestingly, in the declassified UFO files, there was a file containing an article published on September 15, 1998, in the newspaper Weekly World News, in volume 19, superscript 51. The article explained that in January 1998, NASA detected an extraterrestrial SOS signal, but it took several months before the experts managed to decode it.
“But only in the last weeks (continues telling the note) radio astronomers and experts found the key to understanding the complex language based on mathematics, which allowed them to translate this desperate plea for help, according to a senior source of the NASA in Houston,” said Russian space scientist Viktor Kulakov, who leads a United Nations research team from an observatory operated by the state 50 miles northwest of Moscow.
According to the analysis, it is possible that the signal came from the Andromeda constellation. In addition, the approximate age of the alleged message was 80,000 years old, according to Dr. Kulakov.
“The simple fact that we have received and decoded the message demonstrates, beyond all doubt, that the knowledge and technology of that civilization were better than those that we currently have on our planet,” explained the doctor.
“And while they had many years of evolution ahead of us, I can say with certainty that the death of their civilization was not the result of a cosmic catastrophe. It was the result of civilization collapsing on itself, possibly by the devastating use of some kind of nuclear weapon.“
Dr. Kulakov flatly refused to provide any key to the transcript of the message, but he did say that it started with a statement of guilt, then followed the plea for help and went on to provide location data with the exact position of the planet condemned.
“There was a very lucid account of its apocalyptic devastation, infernal explosions, widespread death and terminal illnesses,” Kulakov said. “It’s possible that there was a meteor shower. But beyond all this, the message contained the underlying feeling and acceptance of guilt. It is as if the senders of the messages recognized that the end of their planet was their own fault. And whatever it was, they apparently did not have the means to evacuate the remaining population, since interplanetary space travel was available to them, but only at a very limited level. The message makes it very clear that they were trapped in their world,” said the doctor.
The signal mentioned the exact location details and how desperate the alien civilization was for help. The apocalyptic process they suffered was also mentioned, which included explosions, large-scale deaths, and unknown fatal diseases, among other events.
Experts say that despite the fact that they had the ability to make interplanetary travel, they were already able to send a message so far away, it is most likely that these ships could only accommodate a limited number of people. In fact, the sign spoke of being “trapped” within a world in decline.
Was the SOS call from space real?
After this, Dr. Kulakov apparently was made invisible by NASA, removed from it, and erased any binding trail with the agency. It has only remained as a curious note, as atypical testimony, the article published in the Weekly World News, a newspaper that not only disappeared but published material labeled as paranormal, so that his testimony has not always received credibility and has been well unbelieving and absolutely ignored within scientific circles.
The fact-checking video of NASA receiving a distress call from another galaxy was deemed fake by a UFO expert named Robert Kiviat. The video itself has garnered over a million views on youTube. Check it out below.
Still, there are people who consider that their testimony is true and others simply go to the sensationalism of the Weekly World News to distort this possibility, although other people believe that, in the event that such a signal had existed, it would have been some joke caused by some satellite GPS.
Well, there are always those who believe that NASA has lied from the beginning and that it would not be strange that this was another cover-up. In short, everyone will draw their own conclusions.
Is there any signal sent by aliens?
Scientists often receive strange signals from outer space but on an official note, a famous “Wow!” Signal is backed by NASA.
The prominent and still-mysterious Wow! Signal, which briefly blared in a radio telescope the night of August 15, 1977, may have come from a sun-like star located 1,800 light-years away in the constellation Sagittarius.
According to NASA, “The Wow! Signal is considered the best SETI candidate radio signal that we have picked up with our telescopes,” as Alberto Caballero, an amateur astronomer, told Live Science. SETI, or the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, is a field that has been listening for possible messages from otherworldly technological beings since the middle of the 20th century.
Still, Caballero noted that in our infrequent attempts to say hello to E.T., humans have mostly produced one-time broadcasts, such as the Arecibo message sent toward the globular star cluster M13 in 1974. The Wow! Signal may have been something similar, he added.
Additionally, a decade-long search for alien broadcasts from the nearest million stars, was using Australia’s Parkes Observatory to study Proxima Centauri when the team from Pennsylvania State University detected the conspicuous signal, which they dubbed BLC-1. The radio waves were picked up in observations made between April and May 2019.
As NASA has recently confirmed to investigate UFO/UAP phenomenon, it is plausible that the world-renowned space agency can also be dealing with something unnatural and unexplainable.